Monday, January 18, 2016

Posted by xtopherdelax |



Words,

How have you been? Where did you hide yourself when you were so ashamed that I felt ashamed to have turned my back on you? I wanted to break you for not giving me enough and for giving me too much in the wrong chances, false places, forgotten time. You see, the better half of words has gone missing for a long time now. And I found myself looking at people as if they own you, Words, and I can’t take you with me, back to my solitude of smoke and liquor.

You probably got tired of me, of my loneliness, of my rage, of my rigmaroles, of the multiplicity of my confusion and complexity, of how I contradict myself with polarity. I might have drowned you with adjectives. I might have choked you with my pretentious, ostentatious, pedantic notes. You see, I did not change. I still long for you even though you smother me to my veins, breaking me like how I break you into silence.

I know I can do anything to you. The poets do not own you. Nobody owns you. Do you own me? But how could you? You are just words.

And I have lost you.


How can I find the right words to say this is not good-bye?







0 comments:

Post a Comment